What is the Art of Retreat?
The Parkour Leadership & Education Retreat, more fondly known as the Art of Retreat, is a weekend long getaway retreat and conference focused on idea-sharing and debates, project building and problem solving, movement, play, relaxation, and reflection. It is open to people across all dimensions of diversity, from all backgrounds.
- 16+ INTERACTIVE TALKS
A robust schedule of interactive talks and discussions in areas of education, movement, business, leadership, science, and design.
- SPARKSTORM SERIES
Quickfire, 5 minute shorts across a wide range of topics, including teaching tips, recent discoveries, and problems still unsolved.
- Sit down to large communal meals every day--breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and participate in social events, from hiking and climbing to bonfires and night missions.
- SKILL SESSIONS
Kick off every morning with skill and movement classes, exposing you to other disciplines, including yoga, capoeira, wilderness survival skills, and more.
- Downtime for making personal and professional connections.
- Dedicated sessions to project brainstorming and problem-solving, where you can work with others to make progress on specific initiatives
We Seek to Create
- A school of thoughts and an environment of learning, where development and progress can occur for individuals, organizations, and the community.
- An experience of place and of people, where joy and a positive communal spirit melt away the stresses and differences
- A safe place where ideas are shared and received with an open mind, and relationships are strengthened through honesty, vulnerability, and respect.
Learn More About Our Values